TiE Charter Members (CMs) are successful, high profile entrepreneurs, corporate intrapreneurs and thought leaders, who have reached a stage in their professional life when they are ready, willing and able to contribute to fellow members. They also participate in the leadership and management of TiE.
TiE CMs are dedicated to the mission of TiE and the virtuous cycle of wealth creation, engaging and giving back to the community.
They believe in the merits of capitalism, and have a strong desire to help other entrepreneurs in the community.
Charter Membership is by invitation only and subject to a due process prescribed in the TiE bylaws.
Charter Member Eligibility Criteria
Charter Membership is by invitation only and subject to a due process of approval.
- Ability to add value to entrepreneurs.
- Has reached a level of success that adds to the stature of TiE.
- The current CMs benefit from his/her participation.
Charter Member Benefits
- Goodwill from the budding entrepreneurs and a structured opportunity to give back
- Opportunity to mentor budding entrepreneurs
- Participation in the TiEQuest and TiE Global Angel Programs
- Invitation to participate in monthly events as speakers and/or recommend speakers
- Complimentary attendance to local and global Charter Members only events including flagships such as TiEcons, TiE Global Summit and the TiE Global Charter Member Retreat
- Invitation to the CM outings, events and dinners designed to network with your peers and discuss timely topics to enlighten and educate
- Invitation to chair or create new domain specific programs. Opportunity to form a Special Interest Group
- Participate and run for TiE Toronto Board Elections
- Mention of Charter Member name and profile on the TiE Toronto website
- Upon joining, new CMs get an introduction in the monthly newsletter
- TiE Toronto on a regular basis hosts iconic individuals and hosts an event around the welcome of and networking with such individuals for TiE CMs.
Charter Member Expectations
The main goal of becoming a Charter Member is to give back to the startup ecosystem, and derive satisfaction by helping budding entrepreneurs. Charter Members are expected to actively participate and advance the cause of this phenomenon, by:
- Mentor at least one Entrepreneur per year. TiE will find the best match based on entrepreneurs looking for help based on your background/expertise
- Speak at one annual TiE event per year or recommend speakers (based on the event calendar developed by the TiE team)
- Attend at least two CM only events and share your expertise.
- Help to make the flagship annual conference, TiECon a success by helping in one of the following ways(volunteer, find sponsors, recruiting speakers etc)
- Pay annual membership fee of $1000